HOME DELIGHTS: Parmesan Crusted Tilapia
There are a variety of similar recipes found online. The closest I've found to is it from Taste & Tell.
"This Parmesan Crusted Tilapia is a simple fish recipe that is done in 20 minutes and will even impress non-fish lovers!" Taste & Tell Parmesan Crusted TilapiaThis tasty recipe takes very little time to prepare and bake, and it isn't weighed down by heavy thick batter. You can substitute another white fish. I wasn't fond of the seasonings with cod but it's nummy on flounder.
Gruff's Parmesan Crusted Tilapia
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley or 2 teaspoons dry parsley leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tilapia fillet, defrosted or fresh
- lemon juice or fresh lemon to sprinkle
1. Preheat the oven to 400ºF. Line a baking sheet with foil. Do not add oil or spray shortening to the foil.
2. Pat fish fillet dry with a paper towel and set aside.
3. Add the Parmesan, paprika, parsley, salt, and onion powder to a disposable pie pan or shallow dish. Toss/stir until mixed well. Drizzle the tilapia with the olive oil and rub to coat fish. Lightly press the fish in the Parmesan mixture. You'll want an even coat, but it doesn't need to be thick. Transfer to the baking sheet.
3. Bake 10-12 minutes, or until fish is opaque in middle. Remove from oven and sprinkle with lemon juice.
This delicious fish can be served with a light salad or steamed veg.